- Salary : Voluntary role
- Closing date : 31/12/2022
BJPsych International is looking for a Digital Content Editor (voluntary role) to join its Editorial Board. The role would suit psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals, such as psychologists, interested in video interviewing and exploring global mental health issues, particularly in low-and middle-income countries.
About the journal
BJPsych International provides psychiatrists and all mental health professionals with an overview of current policy and practice in psychiatry from a global perspective. Its primary mission is to provide a publication platform for authors from low-and-middle-income countries. The journal is entirely open access and publishes peer-reviewed articles dealing with developments in mental health policy, novel approaches to the management of mental health services, and promotes worldwide training in psychiatry. The journal intends to highlight more digital content, such as videos and podcasts to accompany published articles. Find out more about the journal
About the role – key responsibilities
- Encourage authors to submit engaging video abstracts
- Assist with the promotion of online material
- Commission/conduct video author interviews associated with articles
- Review and approve (or make a recommendation) journal video content against content of the article or standalone content
- Some experience of or interest in conducting interviews
- Online savvy but no need for video production or video editing skills
- Enough clinical/scientific knowledge and experience to be able to judge scientific accuracy and quality of content
- A wide and relevant contact network for promoting the journal
- Engaged with or willing to be engaged with social media
- Based anywhere – UK or overseas
The College values a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, reflecting the population it serves.
For a job description, including the role and responsibilities of a BJPsych International Editorial Board member please follow the links below, or contact BJPInternational@rcpsych.ac.uk
To apply for the position
Please submit a brief CV – no longer than two pages – and covering letter addressed to the Editor to BJPInternational@rcpsych.ac.uk. Please outline in the letter any relevant experience and your reasons for applying.
To be confirmed, via Microsoft Teams/Zoom.